The Best Movies To Binge Watch
Some movies were so popular that the movie studios made sequels, and now due to the availability of video streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon, you can watch the original movie and the sequals all at once. Below is a list of movies that are great for binge watching:
- Back To The Future - Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) travels 30 years into the past and must make sure his high-school-age parents unite in order to save his own existence. Spawned 2 hit sequels.
- The Matrix - A cyberpunk science fiction trilogy starring Keanu Reeves as Neo, a hacker who gets involved in a war or humans vs. machines. Introduces some mind-blowing concepts which may change the way you think about reality. The sequels were named The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions.
- Lord of The Rings - A series of three epic fantasy adventure movies directed by Peter Jackson and based on the novel by J. R. R. Tolkien. The films are subtitled The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King. They are set in the fictional world of Middle-earth, and follow hobbit Frodo Baggins (Elijah Wood) on a quest to destroy the One Ring, which will also destroy the Dark Lord Sauron.
- Lethal Weapon - Veteran LAPD detective Murtaugh (Danny Glover) is partnered with reckless cop Riggs (Mel Gibson), and they must learn to work together. The 4 movies grossed almost $1 billion.
- Twilight - A series of romance fantasy films abou vampires, based on novels by the Stephenie Meyer. The films star Kristen Stewart (as Bella), Robert Pattinson (as Edward), and Taylor Lautner (as Jacob), and were an especially huge hit with teenagers, grossing over $3 billion.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark - Archeologist Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) must find the Ark of the Covenant before the Nazis do.
Directed by Steven Spielberg and executive produced by George Lucas, the original movie is considered one of the greatest action-adventure films of all time.
- The Mummy - An adventure film starring Brendan Fraser. If you liked Indiana Jones, you might like this.
- Mad Max - Staring Mel Gibson, it is set in a violent, post-apocalyptic world where law and order has begun to break down after an energy crisis and motorcycle gangs scavenge the lands and terrorize the population. The original film was an unexpected hit which led to several sequels.
- Spider-Man - Staring Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst, a shy, nerdy high school student is bitten by a genetically modified spider
and gains spider-like abilities that he uses to fight evil. 2 sequels followed, and then the movie franchise was rebooted with the release
of The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 with different cast members.
- The Karate Kid - A bullied boy (Ralph Macchio) learns martial arts and life lessons from a master.
- The Bourne Identity - A man (Matt Damon) suffering from amnesia tries to elude assassins and regain his memory.
- Pirates of the Caribbean - Swashbuckler Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) sails the seas and finds adventure. Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and based on Walt Disney's theme park ride, it is one of the highest grossing movie franchises of all time.
- Beverly Hills Cop - Detroit cop Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy) must deal with the culture of Beverly Hills.
- Jurassic Park - Dinosaurs are brought back from extinction to be used as the main attraction attraction at an island theme park. Things soon go wrong. Badly wrong.
- Spy Kids - Carmen and Juni Cortez must save their secret-agent parents from danger.
- Men In Black - An NYPD detective (Will Smith) joins a secret government group that deals with extraterrestrials on Earth.
- Batman - The Dark Knight and his sidekick Robin fight crime in Gotham City, battling evil villains such as The Joker.
The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, and The Penguin.
- Nightmare On Elm Street - In Johnny Depp's feature film debut, Freddy Krueger stalks and kills teenagers in their dreams, causing them to also die in real life.
Other great horror movie franchises you might want to watch include Final Destintion, The Ring, Screem, Friday The 13th, Saw, and Halloween.
- The Fast and the Furious - The action packed adventures of an undercover cop (Paul Walker) as he investigates the world of street racing.
- The Transporter - About a man whose job is to deliver packages without asking any questions, but he starts asking questions.
- X-Men - A group of powerful mutants band together to fight bad guys.
- Mission: Impossible - Based on the poplular television series, the movies star Tom Cruise as super spy Ethan Hunt as he goes on thrilling and action packed missions.
- The Terminator - An indestructible cyborg (Arnold Schwarzenegger) travels back to assassinate a waitress, whose unborn son John Connor will lead humanity in a war against the machines (Skynet). Directed by James Cameron
- Rocky A small-time boxer (Sylvester Stallone) gets a chance to fight the heavy-weight champion, Apollo Creed. Led to 5 sequels, each featuring an epic boxing match.
- Die Hard - Police detective John McClane (Brice Willis) fights terrorists and other bad guys. Some consider to the original movie to be one of the
greatest action films of all time, and the 4 sequels have grossed over $1 billion.
- The GodFather - Francis Ford Coppola's gangster tale about starring Marlon Brando and Al Pacino as the leaders of the New York crime family the Corleones. Considered by many critics as one of the best films of all-time.
- Home Alone - An 8 year-old boy (Macaulay Culkin) is accidentally left behind at Christmas time, and must defend his home against burglars (Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern).
- Star Wars - Set in a galaxy far far away, the Rebel Alliance must destroy the Galactic Empire's weapon of mass destruction named the Death Star.
- Harry Potter - A young wizard and his friends battle the evil Lord Voldemort, while studying at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Based on the books by British author J. K. Rowling, which is the best selling book series of all time.
- National Treasure - Historian and amateur cryptologist Benjamin Franklin Gates (Nicholas Cage) searches for lost treasure, which is protected by the Knights Templar. If you liked Indiana Jones, you might like this film series.
- Star Trek - Follow Captain James T. Kirk and the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise as the boldly explore space.
- The Hunger Games - Katniss Everdeen enters a televised fight to the death among teenagers from the twelve Districts of Panem.
- Toy Story - The emotionally touching tale of a group of toys (led by Woody and Buzz Lightyear) that secretly come to life and embark on adventures.
- Shrek - An animated comedy about the adventures of Shrek, an irritable green ogre who lives alone in his swamp, and his sidekick Donkey.
- Rush Hour - A series of buddy cop martial arts action comedy films about a Hong Kong Police Force inspector (Jackie Chan) and an arrogant reckless American police detective (Chris Tucker) who try to solve crimes.
- Austin Powers - Stars Mike Myers as both British spy Austin Powers the villain Dr. Evil, in a parody of James Bond type films and pop culture.
- Ocean's Eleven - A heist film directed by Steven Soderbergh, where Danny Ocean (George Clooney) and his eleven accomplices (including Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Don Cheadle, Andy García, and Julia Roberts)
execute a plan to rob 3 Las Vegas casinos ( Bellagio, The Mirage, and the MGM Grand casinos) all at once.
- Ghostbusters - Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, and Harold Ramis star as parapsychologists in New York City who start a ghost-catching business.
- Ice Age - An animated comedy about a group of mammals surviving the Paleolithic ice age. One of the top grossing animated movie franchises of all time.